Oak Hill Montessori is pleased to offer a limited Tuition Assistance Program geared toward sustaining the enrollment of current families with a demonstrated financial need. The information below will help you understand the philosophy and the process for Oak Hill Montessori's tuition assistance program. Awards are offered for amounts up to 35% of tuition for academic year programs only, excluding Toddler Program.Mission of the Tuition Assistance at Oak Hill Montessori:
- Provide tuition assistance to families who are committed to Montessori education but are not able to afford full tuition due to a financial hardship or ongoing financial limitations.
- Provide continuity within the Montessori classrooms.
- Families applying for tuition assistance should mark the box on their contract notifying the school that an SSS application will be filed.
- Tuition contracts should be signed and sent back to the school on the normal time-line, without a deposit. In this way a student's space will be reserved until the SSS process is completed.
- No contractual obligation to the school or the family exists until the tuition assistance awards are determined.
- All applicants must submit online applications to SSS, an organization that collects information from families to aid schools in determining the tuition needs of individual families. Go to www.sssbynais.org and click on SSS by NAIS for families.
- The annual submission deadline is March 1.
- To verify data submitted to SSS, applicable tax forms (previous year's 1040) must be submitted to OHM Business Manager by the second week of March.
- Demonstrated financial need is determined by SSS and a report is sent to the school.
- The Tuition Assistance Committee will make final determination of awards considering the recommendations of SSS and any special circumstances expressed by families.
- Families are notified of the award decisions by April 1 each year.
- Once tuition assistance awards are offered and accepted, payment of the deposit is required within 7 business days in order to hold a place for the student.
If you are interested in more tuition assistance information please contact the office at 651-484-8242